UberAnime's Updated Staff Application

UberAnime

What is your ingame username, and nickname (if you have one)?
In game name: UberAnime Nickname: Max

What timezone do you live and/or work in?
EST in the USA.

Can you use Slack? (Learn about it /HERE/!)
Yes

How much money have you donated to the server?
I'd say I've donated around $600 between ranks and crate keys

How long have you been on Corbacraft?
I began playing on Corba shortly after the release of Alyx

How often are you online on Corbacraft?
Server: 4-6 hours a day on average, Discord: all day since I have my phone on me at all times.

Have you ever been jailed, muted, or banned? If so, why?
Not on the current server.

What reasons do you have for applying to become a staff member?
I want to join the staff team for many reasons. To help support a community that has helped me in many ways. To benefit the players that come here like I did, as well as to better the server in any way that I can.

What can you contribute to the team that you can’t as a player?
As a player my level of assistance only goes as far as helping them succeed survival wise, but when server issues arise or other players begin to misbehave I have little to no authority to help with those situations. As a staff I would not only have the authority to, but it would be my job to help and serve the server and help the players on it. Much of the time I feel down when I truly cannot assist a player, no matter how I want to. The most I can do is pass the buck.

Do you get along with all players and staff? If not, why?
I get along with almost everyone, I enjoy spending time in VC regardless of if I'm currently on the server. The staff like me, and I have assisted with projects in the past, like assisting building the Guides warp on Alyx, as well as helping bounce ideas off of staff members and help get a general idea of what players want to see.

Have you ever been (or are currently) a staff on another server?
I was only ever staff on a relatively small server, way back in 2015 and for a short amount of time before it closed.

Do you hold any other position on our server or another server (such as builder)?
No

If yes to above, how will you manage your time to maintain both roles?
N/A

What is your rank on the server?
Supporter

What is your life like outside of the server?
I am currently a Political Science Major, I only have 4 classes and can and am willing to devote more time to the server if I become staff. Other than school and video games I only work out, and bike occasionally and don't have much else to do.

Do you work or attend school?
A stated above, I currently attend college, which is relatively simple to manage along with staffing.

What is your real age?

What would you consider to be your “mental age”?

How long have you been playing Minecraft?
Since Alpha 2010, got the game as a gift under my original account (IGN: Sheep_Lord_Uber) which I no longer have access to, and have had this account since becoming active again.

What are some examples of you helping in the CC community?
I have assisted numerous players in starting their alyx experience, letting them know of certain rules and server nuances. I have also assisted when staff were not available in directing people to the proper channels for assistance, or by contacting staff more directly. I also (as stated above) have assisted staff with other projects, from exploitation prevention to helping create the warp guides, to stuff as simple as bouncing ideas off of staff for potential server updates.

Closing.
I would just like to thank the staff, and community of the server. While I really hope to get staff I understand not everyone is chosen for it, especially with all the great members of the community, I'm glad to be apart of this community and hope to see it continue to thrive!

Last edited:

Muse

I've been living with Max for about a month now, and considering how we spend almost every hour of the day in this room because of covid, I just want to say that it's visible to me how much he cares about this server and it's people. He dedicates almost all of his time to trying to help resolve any issues, especially any he feels responsible for, and he spends even more time on discord being a very active part of the community and trying to take care of people. Sometimes he comes off as a little intense in voice chat towards mods or helpers, but it's all because he wants to voice an opinion that he believes will truly benefit the server. Everything he says comes down to him wanting to make improvements, and I've heard him admit that he isn't always right. I may be biased, but I wanted to vouch for how much time and energy he dedicates to this server almost every day.

Last edited: