Turn PvP OFF in Nether/End

Corbacraft

FinnTheHobbit

Feb 29, 2020
The Shire
Back before I took a break from CorbaCraft, I had made this suggestion. From what I remember, PvP was turned off in the Nether and End because of it. So to come back after a year, it is quite disappointing to see that PvP has once again been introduced to the Nether and End.

So why should PvP be turned off in these dimensions? To start, CorbaCraft is literally advertised as being "No PvP". On each Voting Page, CorbaCraft is described as a "No PvP" server, which is blatantly not true. Currently, it should be advertised as "No PvP Except in the Nether and End" for consistency and honesty's sake.

In the past, PvP was enabled in these dimensions to "increase competition". I doubt that this argument is still being employed, but if it is, I want to cover all of my bases. Fly is turned off in these dimensions, so the competition is on an even playing field already. And PvP is banned in "Non-PvP areas", so the "competition" argument is rendered redundant. Plus, if you find an area of the Nether to be barren is is excruciatingly easy to travel out into the Overworld, plonk down and plonk down a new portal. Dollars to dodos that the area around your new portal will be untouched.

Rule 6 states "No PvP in Non-PvP areas." So, problem solved right? PvP will be kept to the Arena, and all Players will always adhere to this rule. But why not just turn PvP in the Nether/End off and call it good? This would prevent any griefers from taking advantage of this rule (Leaving PvP on is just an accident waiting to happen), and it would justify CC being advertised as a "No PvP" server.

But what if I am interpreting Rule 6 wrong? It says "No PvP in Non-PvP areas". PvP is allowed in the Nether and End, so that would make them "PvP areas".... Therefore, is it reasonable to conclude that I could go up to someone in the Nether or End and just start killing them? And if not, then what is the point of leaving PvP enabled!? It is clearly wrong to start attacking somebody, PvP does not "increase competition", leaving it enabled counters CC's advertising, and we have a designated, beautiful arena for player versus player combat. So then, why leave PvP enabled in the Nether and End?

Reactions: Cozmoetic

Cozmoetic

Dec 23, 2019
Site-19
Back before I took a break from CorbaCraft, I had made this suggestion. From what I remember, PvP was turned off in the Nether and End because of it. So to come back after a year, it is quite disappointing to see that PvP has once again been introduced to the Nether and End.

So why should PvP be turned off in these dimensions? To start, CorbaCraft is literally advertised as being "No PvP". On each Voting Page, CorbaCraft is described as a "No PvP" server, which is blatantly not true. Currently, it should be advertised as "No PvP Except in the Nether and End" for consistency and honesty's sake.

In the past, PvP was enabled in these dimensions to "increase competition". I doubt that this argument is still being employed, but if it is, I want to cover all of my bases. Fly is turned off in these dimensions, so the competition is on an even playing field already. And PvP is banned in "Non-PvP areas", so the "competition" argument is rendered redundant. Plus, if you find an area of the Nether to be barren is is excruciatingly easy to travel out into the Overworld, plonk down and plonk down a new portal. Dollars to dodos that the area around your new portal will be untouched.

Rule 6 states "No PvP in Non-PvP areas." So, problem solved right? PvP will be kept to the Arena, and all Players will always adhere to this rule. But why not just turn PvP in the Nether/End off and call it good? This would prevent any griefers from taking advantage of this rule (Leaving PvP on is just an accident waiting to happen), and it would justify CC being advertised as a "No PvP" server.

But what if I am interpreting Rule 6 wrong? It says "No PvP in Non-PvP areas". PvP is allowed in the Nether and End, so that would make them "PvP areas".... Therefore, is it reasonable to conclude that I could go up to someone in the Nether or End and just start killing them? And if not, then what is the point of leaving PvP enabled!? It is clearly wrong to start attacking somebody, PvP does not "increase competition", leaving it enabled counters CC's advertising, and we have a designated, beautiful arena for player versus player combat. So then, why leave PvP enabled in the Nether and End?
I agree.

LB_Firelord

Dec 20, 2019

The thing is the rules are far outdated and including the shop