Turn Fly on in 1.16 Nether

Corbacraft

FinnTheHobbit

Feb 29, 2020
The Shire
Yesterday I asked chat if fly would be on in the 1.16 Nether, and Wynter encouraged me to make a suggestion about it on the Forums, so here I am! I had asked Matt about this a little while ago, and he told me that nothing was decided yet, so I am here to lobby for fly in the 1.16 Nether.

Enabling fly in the 1.16 Nether would encourage Players to donate, spend more time on the Server, and it would make CorbaCraft in 1.16 much more fun.

With the updated Nether, many Players including myself will want to create bases in the new biomes. However, with the absence of fly I highly doubt that many Donators will. Consider this- do you think that as many Players would donate if they could not fly in the Overworld? Of course not! But if Donors could fly in the 1.16 Nether, do you think that more Players would donate? I certainly think so!

Supposing fly is enabled in the 1.16 Nether, it would incite Players to spend more time on the server. Updates to the game always see a spike of activity, so being able to fly in that fiery biome for the Nether Update would encourage people to stick around longer, as you can accomplish so much more with the power of flight. And if Players are having fun and spending a lot of time on the server, this of course increases the chance that they will donate.

Before I continue to my final point, I should address the counter argument that allowing fly in the Nether would make it unfair for those without fly. It is naturally more difficult to gather resources, build, and explore without fly, so therefore fly is disabled.
However, Players can gain access to fly through Player Ranks. Making sure that these Ranks are fairly priced so that they are not easily obtainable, but completely realistic to buy would be key here. Ensuring that the final Player Rank with fly is reasonably priced is imperative! Second, unlocking fly in the Nether would highly encourage Players to either donate or work hard to unlock fly through a Player Rank. And as I said earlier, this would cause more activity on the server both ways! Finally, on the CorbaCraft store page it says that each rank receives: "/Fly - Enables the ability to fly". Nowhere does it state on the website that fly is disabled in the Nether and End. I believe that this is just a simple oversight, and I highly doubt that there is anything malicious going on. Someone could potentially see this and assume that we can fly in all dimensions, and the rank because of this only to find out that statement is only 33% true. Turning fly on in the Nether would at least bump this statement up to 66%!
I have also seen the counter argument in the past that "Nobody would want to build in the Nether, so we should not have claims/fly". This can be easily debunked as I have seen many Players enthusiastic about building bases in the new biomes, and who wouldn't with the beautiful new Soulsand Valley and Warped Forest?

As my DnD Dungeon Master often emphasizes, the point of the game is to have fun. If nobody is having fun, then change must take place. To say the least, building in the Nether without fly is not fun. And it especially would not be fun in the stunning new Nether! But by opening the gates for fly in 1.16, the game would be a lot more fun. And do you know what more fun means? More time spent on the server. Do you know what that means? A larger likelihood that Players will donate! It would be a positive feedback loop with gains all around.

All of these reasons are why we should see fly be re-enabled for the Nether in 1.16. It would increase server activity, increase the likelihood of people donating, and it would make playing on CorbaCraftmuch more enjoyable!

Reactions: LB_Firelord

FinnTheHobbit

Feb 29, 2020
The Shire
the nether has neve been allowed fly, i believe its so everyone has a fare chance to gather quartz so if you want to fly id use an elytra
There is a major difference between the fly command and the elytra. You can't build when using an elytra, as it is designed with transport more in mind. But with /fly, you can easily hover and move around at your own leisure, making building far easier.

I should also mention that Quartz can be automatically farmed now, as we have Raid farms with Mason Villagers. If you're not feeling up for the task of building such a farm, it is not too difficult to obtain a Mason Villager that will trade 1 Quartz block for 1 Emerald. And Emeralds are extremely easy to get- Farmer Villagers will give you an Emerald for every Pumpkin/Melon that you give them!
This is yet another reason why we should see fly brought back to the Nether, as Quartz can far more easily be obtained.

Ultra

Dec 15, 2019
If fly was allowed in the nether then it would remove any danger from the most dangerous place and when 1.16 is released if fly was usable then most debris would be collected very quickly by donators causing non donators to have to pay high prices for netherite or spend hours to find small amounts causing the playing field to become even more uneven

Ergology

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 13, 2019
I’m gona think about this just a bit but this is a complex issue. I think the idea having fly in the nether would be nice but it would make elytras essentially only used in the end and for non donors in the overworld so it would def impact elytra value gonna need some think time on this one.

Reactions: WyntreBlossom

FinnTheHobbit

Feb 29, 2020
The Shire
If fly was allowed in the nether then it would remove any danger from the most dangerous place and when 1.16 is released if fly was usable then most debris would be collected very quickly by donators causing non donators to have to pay high prices for netherite or spend hours to find small amounts causing the playing field to become even more uneven
Because Ancient Debris spawn underneath the layer at which Lava Lakes generate, I doubt that introducing fly would impact the value of this commodity. One simply needs to mine below Y=22, as Lava Lakes do not generate any deeper. Ancient Debris spawn from Y=8-22, with Y=15 being the optimal layer to mine.
Because Ancient Debris spawn underneath the minimum value for Lava Lakes, and since you do not have to mine under Lava Lakes to find this ore, I do not believe that those with Fly will outpace those without for Ancient Debris!

I’m gona think about this just a bit but this is a complex issue. I think the idea having fly in the nether would be nice but it would make elytras essentially only used in the end and for non donors in the overworld so it would def impact elytra value gonna need some think time on this one.
Good point about the Elytras! I think that it bears mentioning that using an Elytra in the Nether can be a lot more tedious, as you don't have an open sky to zoom through. I can't speak for the masses, but I personally would never use my pair of wings in the Nether because of this.
If I were to guess though, the value of Elytra's would probably fluctuate slightly as there will be a constant demand for Shulkers, which would keep the price of an Elytra stable. I am no expert on the CC economy though, so take that guess with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Ergology

Hypxrs

Mar 13, 2020
Maybe Have no fly for the first week or two of 1.16 update so each player can gather resources fairly then could add fly after?

Reactions: FinnTheHobbit