[Feedback / vent] Not sure I enjoy where this is going...

ShelLuser

Feb 12, 2020
Hi gang,

First off: could you guys please learn how to properly upgrade a forum? Not sure if you're trying to drive people away to social media or what but.... almost every time I come back from a pauze (even a (relatively!) small one) I have to register again, that's not good for motivation.

Second... and (well meant) apologies up front because I don't like coming back and then start going critical but... I'm going here anyway. I think it's a huge mistake to remove the crates. For so many reasons, reasons that even defined Corba... No joke: I upgraded both mine & Aya's account even though we were already at that level (it's my own choice, also because I think you guys deserve it, still do even though I share some huge disagreements here) but... truth be told: had I known this up front I probably wouldn't have.

Crates affecting economy? Dude... that is the dumbest thing I've heard (note: I didn't bother to read the announcement, because I couldn't find it on the forums). They defined the economy. I was in a good mood, I was about to grab goodies for the whole server like I used to and now I can no longer. Sorry, but the economy comment is bs, also because things were the same for everyone. And who didn't enjoy a freebie every once in a while?

I think the truth is different. I can't help but think that you guys got a comment from Mojang aka Microsoft who started questioning the possibility of upholding a pay vs "win" construct (could someone please explain to me what one could possible win in an endless sandbox game?) and you guys caved in. At the expense of the server atmosphere (at least that's my opinion).

Those crates was one of the things which made Corba stand out from "other" servers. The problem with Minecraft is that everyone knows how to install mods, but few know how to customize them and even fewer know how to motivate players. The crates were an awsome motivator. And I am not just spouting opinions: when I first landed here I brought a load of friends and well... in most (not all!) cases the voting system nailed it for them.

Sorry to say guys but right now Corba feels like any other Minecraft server to me, the speciality is gone. And that ruined my motivation to play.

Thanks for reading.

Cozmoetic

Dec 23, 2019
(REDACTED)
I get what you're saying but a lot of players don't like pay to win. Also A LOT of servers have crates, examples include skycade,OPblocks,invadedlands hell even Hypixel too. Pay to win is buying stuff to get to the top easily, without any effort and like I said earlier a lot of players don't like that. An example of crates effecting the economy is when shadow bought a bunch of keys and got a lot of legendary items and armor and sold them on /ah, enchanted diamond tools and armor prices plummeted. They do affect the economy, they are to pay to win and many players don't like them because of these reasons. I see where you're coming from but I don't think adding keys back is a good idea.

edit: spelling

Ergology

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 13, 2019
Yeah crates aren't coming back in the way they used to be anytime soon. However as Cozmo has stated many servers offer that experience I'm sure you can find one you enjoy! :D

Thanks for the heads up on the forums. We plan on sticking with the current system for a very long time as we have finally found a happy medium.

Also Announcements can be found under the "Announcements" section here is a picture to help you out.

Reactions: Cozmoetic

LB_Firelord

Dec 20, 2019
I see what you mean but corbacraft 3.0 doesn’t want op items and when crates don’t have those it loses specialty so I don’t think there really is anything that can make crates good unless the crates only provided cosmetic features

Reactions: Cozmoetic

ShelLuser

Feb 12, 2020
I get what you're saying but a lot of players don't like pay to win. Also A LOT of servers have crates, examples include skycade,OPblocks,invadedlands hell even Hypixel too. Pay to win is buying stuff to get to the top easily, without any effort and like I said earlier a lot of players don't like that.
But that's just the thing... the voting rewards (powered by crates) also allowed regular players to obtain some awesome items from voting keys. Ergo: they allowed regular users to get a fair chance of getting stuff which was only available for supporters. (edit): which also made sure the server was compliant with Mojang requirements.

(edit2): And in a technical sense of the word it's still pay 2 win. Pay to become a supporter and you get an immediate advantage through kits. Nothing really changed there.

(edit):

Yeah crates aren't coming back in the way they used to be anytime soon. However as Cozmo has stated many servers offer that experience I'm sure you can find one you enjoy! :D
Nah, the way things are looking I'll probably stick to the server, because all that other crap is seriously pay 2 win and no fun at all. Usually lacks a decent survival setup. As I mentioned: this is what made Corba stand out: powerful items in a survival based setup. Now it's kinda... as I mentioned above, kinda bland.

Anyway, thanks for your comment though. I definitely appreciate that.

Last edited by a moderator: