Corbacraft Hunger Games Event #1 (June 13th, 2020 @4PM EST)

Ergology

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Untitled_Artwork.png
(June 13th, 2020 @4PM EST)

Hey Corbacrafters! Some exciting news for all of you! We have decided to host a Hunger Games event!

Reward for the Winner
$50 Corbacraft Voucher

Things to Note
Only room for 37 Players
This is a test run of a much larger scale project

There is no signing up, a /server hg will open up 5 minutes prior to scheduled match start. Announcement will take place in game.

Expect to see this post often with the "#" being changed.
Also note all stats will be tracked for long term safe keeping.​

FlashTurtle

So, I know that hunger games was done before, but I know that it didn't turn out that positive due to some circumstances.
With that, I would like to ask beforehand on what will happen, even if I don't play.

1. Kills vs Survival: Which one will be picked for 1st place prize?
I know last time we had a test run, followed by an actual run. The test run was okay, but then was modified heavily before the actual run, causing people to instantly die and be unfair. Also there was a person who had multiple kills, but died. It said that they won first place.

2. Map area: Simple, map area.
3. Chest loot.: Is it just average chest loot or will it be bumped since we will literally have 36 people? Probably stupid question... can we break leaves?

4. PVP style: Are we doing 1.8 or 1.9+? Will there be soup health and stuffs?

5. How will death match work? How much time will there be before death match? Will the border shrink at a mild pace and we take mild damage, but enough to out speed it if we are just running back in a single direction?

6. Is it only one single event?

I think that's all of them that I remember seeing for the event. There may be more, but I may just be stupid. I remember there was a huge comment about the hunger games on the forum last time about post-discussion. We'll see though =p

Liqu1d_Frost

Staff member
@FlashTurtle
Hi Flash, I'll answer the ones we can currently.

1. At this time we havn't decided, we are going to be doing dry runs to get a idea about it though

2. Im confused on this? it is a relatively large map with multiple areas

3. Chest loot will be determined by # of players. We will try to get a consensus on how many will be there for the loot tables to be matching that amount no you cant break leaves.

4. 1.9+ Definitely some newer weapons

5. border will start shrinking half way thru the match, and stop at 1 minute. idk on damage speed.

6. That i cannot answer.

Hopefully I answered those as best i could. Obviously im with holding some info as... well its a surprise :)

-Fate

FlashTurtle

@FlashTurtle
Hi Flash, I'll answer the ones we can currently.

1. At this time we havn't decided, we are going to be doing dry runs to get a idea about it though

2. Im confused on this? it is a relatively large map with multiple areas

3. Chest loot will be determined by # of players. We will try to get a consensus on how many will be there for the loot tables to be matching that amount no you cant break leaves.

4. 1.9+ Definitely some newer weapons

5. border will start shrinking half way thru the match, and stop at 1 minute. idk on damage speed.

6. That i cannot answer.

Hopefully I answered those as best i could. Obviously im with holding some info as... well its a surprise :)

-Fate
Hey!
Thank's for answering.
I just meant the general area of the map-size.. Kind-of like if it was 1500x1500, 780x780, etc.It gives us a general idea of what is happening and how much we should go out.. and then like the border then speed will go. Because- People should definitely be able to out-run border, but not by a lot and things like that.

Again, thanks, and hope it turns out amazing! Too bad I can't make it there Q_Q

Liqu1d_Frost

Staff member
@FlashTurtle

Speed on the border we still need to test. I do know it will shrink in 4m 30s. So, you should be able to out run it rather easily, as the map isnt huge. Exact map size? i think 30 diameter chunks, i could bewrong.

Thanks for the questions!!!

-Fate