Alyx Community Update: Week 13

beepbop ™

Alyx Community Manager {Server Mod}
Staff member

1600724623848.png

Welcome to the Corbacraft Community Update for Alyx!

This is where you can find important information regarding Alyx! We also recognize a few players and talk about some cool things happening on our server!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Updates

Currently there are no major updates to Alyx. I do, however, want to touch on the Districts and where/ how to buy permits. Both areas have designated shops and hoppers to drop in the permit. Both warps have information and rules nearby for players to read.

2020-10-05_18.59.17.png

2020-10-05_18.57.43.png

Check out our change-log for a more in depth look into some minor changes Alyx has undergone recently!

If you have any suggestions, recommendations, or speculations about anything please don't hesitate to contact me, (beepbop_CC) in game or on Discord!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staff Updates:

Recently we have welcomed
Chase_CC as a T-Helper to Alyx! I know they will do a great job and can't wait to see them in action.

Reminders:

We also have a PVP arena at /warp PVP, so bring your friends over and have some fun, or challenge other players. Also remember to /vote for the server to earn in game claim blocks, which you can do once per site every 24 hours!
The chests are being added to the new spawn but currently they are down for maintenance.

Tips:

You can find tips about the server and now the new update for Minecraft here in this section!

-Events on the event server have prizes that can be won on both Orion AND Alyx
-You can put fireworks into crossbows for some explosive PVP!

Events:

IMG_2348.jpg

Following up with Josh's post last week:

Trick or Treat

Players can create a 15x15 minimum size house of their liking to be added to a "street". Only one house can be submitted per person, however we will allow up to 3 total for the sake of having diversity during the event. Houses will be voted on during CorbaWeen and will be actively used during a new Trick or Treat event. The houses need to be submitted by Friday October 23. Otherwise they will not make the deadline to be added to the correct server.

Skin Competition

We are also holding a Skin Competition to see which of our players can make the most creative skins for their character! Only one skin per person. We do hope that you all are able to create your own skin, or alter the one you have currently.

Player-Events:

We currently have nothing in the works for player events. Check on the discord on where you can announce your very own event and be featured here!

Special Mentions

Please excuse us as we take a moment to pause on the special mentions for this week. Due to some unforeseen issues that I am dealing with personally I have been away from the server for a few days.
I plan on revamping this area of the post and re-naming some of these sections. Not only will we highlight players on merit and on building skills, but we will also be taking a look at some of the best shops and games from both districts.

Something new I will be trying out on Alyx in the Shopping District is our Hot Seat! There is an armor stand that sits directly in front of the warp. This makes that spot prime advertisement space! You can purchase a book next to the chair and drop it in the hopper. They will be set as we receive them and will last for a week. You are able to customize it by picking the armor and the skull to use. A sign will be placed with your name, shop name, and location as well.

eferetet.png

Thanks for tuning into Alyx's Community Update! I can't wait to see everyone in the next one!